Alison Spann WLOX, Wikipedia, Biography, Age, Boyfriend, Father, Net Worth

Alison Spann is an anchor/reporter who works at WLOX-YV in Biloxi, Mississippi.

Alison Spann Age/ Birthday

Alison Spann was born on 15th May 1994 which makes her 27 years old as of now. She has achieved quite a lot at such a young age and the only way she can go from here is forward.

Alison Spann Family

Alison was born in Winfield, Alabama to Johnny Michael Spann who was a soldier. She was raised along with her sister Emily Spann. Her father died in the line of duty while Alison was only 9 years old. She criticized the movie 12 strong for it not truly representing the truth.

As some of you know, my father was the first American killed in Afghanistan following the September 11th, 2001 attacks. He was a member of the CIA’s Alpha Team. They were the first team inside Afghanistan. That is why the movie #12strong is so offensive to my family.

This movie falsely depicts the 12 man special forces team as the first inside Afghanistan and gives zero credit to the CIA officers who also risked their lives to achieve what the US did in Afghanistan.

Below is an explanation from a fellow journalist who extensively covered Afganistan and the men who fought there. My family is the “family” mentioned in the post and that is my step-mother, Shannon Spann, at my father’s grave in Arlington National Cemetery.

In the interest of seeking and spreading the truth, I felt compelled to share the falsehoods this Hollywood film portrays.

Alison is very close to her grandfather Johnny Spann who is a real estate agent in Alabama.

alison-spann-family

Alison Spann Relationship/ Boyfriend

Alison has been in a relationship with James Christopher for a long time now.

Alison-Spann-boyfriend
Alison Spann with her boyfriend James Christopher

Alison Spann Education

Alison Spann got her bachelor’s degree in Communication and Media Studies and Political Science from Pepperdine University which is a Christain University located in California. While there, she was a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma, Newswaves (Pepperdine’s student-run newscast). She graduated from the University in 2014.

Alison Spann before Journalism

Before she became a journalist Alison worked as a secretary in Ernest G Hester’s law firm and then went on to do her internship in the Office of Senator Jeff Sessions where she was the Intern of Communication.

She then went on to do another internship at GenTwenty Online Magazine and served another senator Richard Shelby.

Alison Spann Career

Alison Spann is an award-winning Multimedia Journalist. Alison started her career as a Production Assistant with the FOX News Network in their Los Angeles bureau. She worked at FOX for 10 months from September 2014 to June 2015.

After leaving FOX, Alison Spann went to Alabama’s Gulf Coast and worked for WKRG-TV to cover local news as an MMJ where she pitched, shot, edited, and produced stories for daily newscasts. She worked there for 2 years from August 2015 to July 2017. There she followed through on beat sources, contacts, and leads to gather information for stories and pitched stories daily that turned into packages, vosots, and live reports for 5,6, and 6:30 p.m. broadcasts

Her career then took her to Washington, DC where she worked for a year as a reporter for The Hill from October 2017 to November 2018. She produced interviews with lawmakers, packages and provided on-camera analysis for Hill.TV’s web show, Rising.

Now, Alison is the 6, 6:30, and 10 pm anchor for WLOX-TV in Biloxi, MS.

Alison Spann Awards

During her short career, Alison has been honored with multiple awards. She won first place in the special report section of the Mississippi Associated Press Award in 2019 and 2nd place for Best News Feature and Best Spot News awarded by Alabama Associated Press in 2018.

Alison Spann Net Worth

Alison has been working in television for several years now. And we know that news anchors are one of the highly paid jobs in America. We estimate her net worth to be in excess of $200,000 as of now.

But if she keeps on progressing like she has been lately her net worth is surely going to rise substantially in the coming days.

Alison Spann Mini Wikipedia Biography

Real Name Alison Victoria Spann
Alison Spann Age 29 years
Alison Spann Birthday 15th May 1992
Gender Female
Country United States
Location Biloxi, Mississippi
Siblings A sister
Zodiac Sign Taurus
Relationship Status In a relationship
Boyfriend James Christopher
High School/ University Pepperdine University
Net Worth $200,000
Works at WLOX-TV
Social Media Instagram, Facebook
Father Johnny Michael Spann