Emily VanDerWerff Wikipedia, Gender, Wife, Net Worth, Age, Parents, Sexuality

Emily St. James, who was formerly known as Emily Nicole VanDerWerff, is an American journalist, critic, and author. She has written for outlets such as The Guardian, The A.V. Club, Los Angeles Times, Vox, and more.

Let’s get to know more about Emily VanDerWerff.

Emily VanDerWerff Wikipedia Facts

Real Name / Full Name Emily VanDerWerff
Birthday / Date of Birth November 30, 1982
Age 39
Zodiac Sign Sagittarius
Born Country U.S
Nationality American
Ethnicity White
Parents Under Review
Profession Journalist
Education (High School / College / University) South Dakota State University
Marital Status Married
Wife Libby Hall
Children None
Net Worth $380,000
Social Media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) Twitter, Instagram, Facebook

Emily VanDerWerff Age

When was Emily VanDerWerff born? Emily VanDerWerff was born on the 30th of November in 1982. She is currently 39 years old and will be celebrating her 40th birthday in 2022.

Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius.

Emily VanDerWerff Family

Emily VanDerWerff has not revealed much about her parents to the public.

However, she has mentioned that she does not maintain a relationship with her father anymore. A huge part of it is because her father and mother refuse to acknowledge her as she is and has not accepted her transitioning.

Emily VanDerWerff Education

In 2004, Emily VanDerWerff graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism from South Dakota State University.

During her time here, she wrote for the student newspaper called “The Collegian”.

Emily VanDerWerff Career

Emily VanDerWerff first worked as a copy editor at The Press-Enterprise in April 2005. Worked here for 3 years and 2 months, and she was then a freelance TV writer. From 2010 to 2014, she worked as a TV editor for The Onion.

She started working as a culture Editor at Vox.com in July 2014 until May 2016. She is now a critic at large at Vox and has been in this position for 6 years and 5 months. she is also the co-creator of the Arden Podcast.

Emily VanDerWerff Succession

Succession is an American Satirical black comedy-drama series. This show was created by Jesse Armstrong and premiered in June 2018.

In 2019, Emily VanDerWerff wrote an article titled “The rise of Succession, TV’s new must-watch show” on Vox.com. This series has been the topic of several of her writings and discussions on Vox.

Emily VanDerWerff Sexuality

Emily VanDerWerff is a gay transgender woman. She came out publicly as a trans woman in 2019 when she was 39 years of age.

And instead of doing it through social media, she wrote an article at Vox titled “The Catastrophist, or: On coming out as trans at 37”. She changed her name from Todd VanDerWerff to Emily VanDerWerff and uses she/her pronouns.

Emily VanDerWerff Wife

Emily VanDerWerff is currently married to her wife Libby Hill. They held their wedding in 2003 and have now been married for almost two decades.

Emily and her spouse VanDerWerff do not have any children yet but they are proud parents to two cats who are often mentioned on her social media accounts.

Emily VanDerWerff Wife Wiki

Much like her wife Emily VanDerWerff, Libby Hill is also a journalist. She majored in English at South Dakota State University, the same as her wife.

Emily started as a freelance culture writer and was an entertainment reporter at the Los Angeles Times from 2015 to 2019. She was previously a TV awards editor at IndieWire and worked here for 3 years and 3 months. She is active on her Twitter account “midwestspitfire”.

Emily VanDerWerff Net Worth

Emily VanDerWerff has an estimated net worth of $380,000. She has amassed her wealth through her work as a journalist.

The salary of a journalist in the United States averages $53,939 per year. As an experienced journalist who writes for various outlets and is also a podcast host, Emily VanDerWerff’s income is surely more than the average $53,000.

Emily VanDerWerff Social Media Account

Emily VanDerWerff’s Instagram account is under the username “emilynicolevdw” and she has 1,890 followers and 756 posts at the moment.

Her Twitter account “emilyvdw” currently has 82K followers and is verified.